Both buyers and sellers have responsibilities during the escrow process, and must do their respective parts to keep the transaction moving.
• Carry out all escrow instructions.
• Provide the deed, via the escrow officer and listing agent.
• Submit all other required paperwork as outlined in the Purchase Agreement, such as insurance policies, home warranties, tax receipts, etc. (The settlement agent will provide clear instructions on what is needed.)
• Submit a down payment, plus any other funds required.
• Carry out all escrow instructions.
• Approve inspection reports, preliminary title reports and other items detailed in the Purchase Agreement.
• Execute a Deed of Trust/Mortgage to secure the loan.
Here's the scenario. You are building a house or remodeling your house. Material costs are up. Labor costs are up. You ask yourself, where can I save a buck? Before answering this question, you must be careful, especially if your home is located in an area where other quality homes are built, whether on the lake, off the lake, or in higher valued developments such as golf course developments, etc. Growing up in construction and with a plethora of new construction and remodels under my belt, let me share with you some of the easy things that your future buyers will recognize when they are looking for quality.
1. One of the first things buyers of higher end homes will look for is to determine if the owner used hollow core doors. It's an immediate sign that the seller was looking for ways to save money (where else then did they cut back that I can't see???)
2. The second most obvious is the counter tops. Did the sellers spend for a quality granite, quartz, or other hard surface, or was formica used?
3. The third item that might stick out is the cabinetry. Do the drawers have dovetail construction with hardwoods? Did they use "soft close" drawers? Are there pull outs for the pots and pans?
4. Flooring is an easy one also. Was laminate used, or is it engineered or hardwoods? Does the carpet convey a quality feel and plushness? Is there a nice thick pad underneath the carpet?
5. Though there are many other items to look at, cheap vs quality lighting and plumbing fixtures are probably the next major focus.
There is nothing wrong with with using lower cost materials, especially when trying to keep a project within budget, especially when trying to build more house for less money. Just be aware that most buyers looking to spend in excess of $300k for off lake homes and $500+ for East Lake chain homes, and $1M+ for West and Big Spirit will expect the very best materials and finishes.
Emerald Hills Golf Course is one of the premier golf courses in the Iowa Great Lakes. Golfers throughout Okoboji will tell you that compared to the rest of the golf courses around, Emerald Hills is probably the most challenging. When I grew up as a kid, we lived just a half block from the back side of the course. We would sneak on with a couple short little clubs and balls we found walking the course and sometimes spent more time being chased by the sprinklers than trying to hit golf balls. Emerald Hills was owned by Gordy and Bette Benit many years ago and they can be credited with growing this course into the masterpiece it has become. Later purchased by Randy Rohlfsen and a few others, Emerald has flourished as one of the best courses around. If memory serves me right, Randy has been there since the early 1990's and has always had a strong conviction to help young golfers. He has taught and coached numerous high school teams, and they also put on a 5 day junior camp every year which has been a tremendous hit. I grew up on this course and can honestly say, you better be hitting the ball straight!
Real Estate and MLS Homes For Sale in Lakes Agent Insight Description of West Lake Rush Lake in the Lake Section of the Area Category
The newsletter is sent periodically and will update you on the latest real estate news and offers.
Easily save your search criteria to get notified of new listings and price changes
If you've forgotten password of your account, Please enter your email address. We will send new password to your email address.
Bojihomes.com and RE/MAX Lakes Realty provides these covenants/bylaws/horizontal propoerty regime declarations as a convenience, and in no way guarantees the accuracy of these documents, and in no way represents that these documents are up to date and/or legally binding. It is the responsibility of any potential buyer, seller, investor, and/or real estate agent to contact any association contact and/or the Dickinson County recorder's office in order to satisfy themselves as to the very latest available documents.
These documents are the property of Bojihomes.com and RE/MAX Lakes Realty. The downloading of these documents for use by any other Real Estate Agency is strictly prohibited.